I forgot to mention something yesterday that I found pretty hilarious during the drive across west Texas. Here is my chance to share it and see if it's actually funny or if I was just alone in the car too long.
As you drive on I-10 there are many signs posted warning you about various things (see Kamiah's post for the details) but my favorite was one that said "Obey Signs - State Law". So there was a sign telling me to obey the signs.
In my head the conversation went like this:
"Why'd you do what the sign said?"
"The sign told me to."
I call it the Texas sign Tautology. And I find it odd they'd have wasted their money on something like that when signage around the state is so poor. Really, we had a heck of a time getting back on the interstate in a few places because we didn't know which lane was going where.
So there, I laughed (or at least smiled) every time I saw that. You decide whether I'm crazy...
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Growing up in Texas, I always thought it was amusing that they were telling people on a sign to obey signs. I figure the people who aren't likely to obey signs, probably aren't likely to READ them either. So what's the point? I just feel like their message isn't going to get across to the right people.
ReplyDeleteI decide if you are crazy? Is this a voting process? Hmmm... let me see. Yes or No?
ReplyDelete