Romeo cannot stay in TLF with us. That's how this story starts. So he's at the house, in his pen, just waiting for us to come along and let him out, feed him, etc. It's my job to do exactly that each morning, since he's my puggy.
This morning I decided to swing by the Starbucks just outside our housing area to get a coffee because Kamiah and Sid were still sleeping when I left. This is the conversation I had with the Starbucks chick (I'm sure she had a name, but I'm not big on pre-coffee reading, especially nametags).
Me: I'd like a grande coffee.
SC: What's your name?
Me: Weaver.
SC: Weaver?
Me: Yes.
SC (sounding uncertain): Ooh. Weaver...I better just put 'W'. I don't want to screw that up!
I'm sure you can imagine the look on my face. Weaver? Really? Weaver?! She didn't want to screw *that* up? That's the easy name! The gimmee. Imagine if I'd said 'Oesa'.
So I have a new plan. I'm just going to cycle through the names of everyone I know, using a different name every time I'm there. At least you all have easier names.
In closing, thanks for nothing, American educational system. Our kids can't spell 'Weaver', and that's a regular word!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you sure the barista chick wasn't just working on her acting skills? Maybe she's in LA trying to make it big, and she's working at Starbucks to pay the bills. The next big role she wants to audition for is "Girl Who Can't Spell Simple English Words." Apparently she's going to get the part, because you sure as heck believed her.
ReplyDeleteYep, I remember the day someone asked me to spell Weaver. The sad thing is that they probably thought I was the stupid one with the blank stare I gave them.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, the purpose of providing a name at Starbucks is so the barista can notify you when your drink is done. She could have written "Weefer" and I'm pretty sure you would have figured out your coffee was ready.
Oooh oooh, use my name. I am out of coffee and was going to Starbucks tomorrow anyway! Thanks, you're the best :)
ReplyDeleteTell them Paul L. Muller demands satisfaction! And coffee.
ReplyDelete