Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And we're off...

In a rather inauspicious fashion, too. Sid and I are staying in Orlando tonight so we can get my sister from the airport this evening and as we were driving over on SR528 the strangest thing happened. One of those big digital-ish highway signs that tells you the travel time to the next exit was instead giving out the following:
" SILVER ALERT
SLVR 2005 HONDA CIVIC
FL TAG [I don't remember the number]
CALL FHP *347"

That's my car. Not my tag, of course, but my car. Sid immediately started pointing at me from his car (not too far behind me) and I informed Romeo that we might soon be pulled over for being the wrong car. That would be the second time for that, thank you very much Melbourne Police Department.

We managed to make it to Orlando, however, and are now semi-comfortably at home in the La Quinta next to the airport. Even Romeo is happily sleeping in his pen.

In closing, Paul and Amanda, sorry about leaving Romeo's food dish with you. Or think of it as something to remember us by.

Now to figure out pictures...

2 comments:

  1. Are you crazy? Get back here - no one leaves Florida!

    Florida launched its "Silver Alert" program Wednesday to offer the same kind of exposure for missing seniors who have wandered off or driven away due to dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the...? How will I ever sell the Civic if the fuzz is on the lookout for it?

    ReplyDelete