We took the afternoon to look around the Alamo and the Riverwalk since neither Kamiah nor Sid has been to San Antonio before (and really, I was only here once). The Alamo was pretty much just as I remember it - probably good for an historical site. We had a rather lively discussion on our way downtown about exactly what the folks at the Alamo were fighting for, displaying an appalling ignorance of Texas history. Don't worry though, after reading the displays we figured it out. It was General Santa Anna, leading the Mexican Army. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but we got the basics.
After that we wandered the Riverwalk and stopped for a drink. Kamiah took that opportunity to read the brochure she picked up from the Alamo (which apparently she'd been carrying up her left sleeve ever since). She tried unsuccessfully to get Sid to high five history, resulting in her giving him "the look":
This is remarkably similar to the look I gave the waiter in New Orleans who told me there was no sweet tea.
In closing, San Antonio is great and now we're enjoying a nice quiet evening before driving a solid 8 hours tomorrow. Texas is so big...
This is an absolutely fantastic blog. I love it!
ReplyDeleteIf I wind up in NM, I may do something steal your idea. For now, I tune in every day to see what you guys have been up to! It kind of reminds me of the week I let the internet tell me what to do for vacation a couple of years ago. GREAT!
Keep on Truckin'
No trip to San Antonio is complete without nearly being killed trying to get on/off the interstate.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you check that off the list.
Hola, you three. I decided to check out your blog. Love it so far! Glad you could stop in SA for a short visit. Stay longer next time. Kisses to Romeo.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that I like best is that I can never tell whether it's Oesa or Kamiah who's writing the post until some clarifying bit of information is given (like, "I wanted to run 5 miles," which I know Oesa would never do unless she was being chased). You guys may not look alike, but you have a similar way of speaking, for sure! Glad you had fun in SA...can't wait to hear about the next stop!
ReplyDelete