While Kamiah and Sid were out touring the area and then getting the interwebs hooked up at the house, I was up at the base checking in and getting a tour. This is my chance to say to everyone, instead of answering the question a dozen times, my new job seems pretty good. The base is *really* nice. Very new, very modern, very shiny glass and concrete...and very small. I work in another area across the street, which I guess is good because the people on the base proper have to park some distance away and take a shuttle onto the base.
The traffic was even alright. Coming in at least. I went in around 12:30 and it took me 25 minutes. I drove home at about 3:30, at which point traffic on I-405 (which I'm on for 7.5mi) was stop on go and never got above 35 mph. The drive home took 45 minutes. Still, not too bad...
I met some of my coworkers today too, but it's hard to meet them all because apparently they're gone a lot. They seem like a good crowd anyhow, and hopefully I can hit the ground running instead of just...hitting the ground. Seems like I'll need to since there are so few of us. Also, my building is a bit confusing. The halls look the same everywhere. I'm guessing I'll have to do that learn-one-way-in-and-stick-with-it trick for a bit.
In closing, the base is pretty and new, my job seems neat, and my coworkers are cool. Not too bad, eh?
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A 45-minute commute is okay...for the first month or two.
ReplyDeleteLater, you'll find yourself driving down the road in 'stop and go' traffic, trying to avoid young people who can't drive and old people who don't care, all the while thinking "when will that tsunami come and wash everything off of A1A!"
Ooops, that was just inner Chris coming out. Nevermind...carry on.
Reading back through comments from Oesa-of-four-years-ago is funny! "In closing, the base is pretty and new, my job seems neat, and my coworkers are cool. Not too bad, eh?"
ReplyDelete