Sunday, August 12, 2012

flying into vegas

Since the last time I travelled across the country with Oesa and Sid—

Wait, let's pause here for a sidenote.

This is, yes, my second trip across the country with these two. It is my third move with them {the first being Iowa to Florida, also known as the "trip with the stop in Metropolis, Illinois to take a picture by the giant Superman statue"}. Now that you ask it, YES, I am going for Sister of the Year Award.

That's a thing, right?

Maybe it's just these past two weeks of watching too much Olympics, but I've been feeling an urge to be judged {no, not that kind of judged} in random areas of my life.

I pay my bills; I want a judge to hold up a 10.00, even if that score is no longer used in gymnastics, the only sport I really know.

I walk the little pug; I want someone to play "The Star Spangled Banner."

You see what I'm saying: please give me a a gold medal for taking my vacation to drive from Las Vegas to Rochester with these people.

And now, back to my original point: Since the last cross-country adventure, I have started my own blog. It's called Jane Austen Didn't Prepare Me for This, which is very witty if you know anything about me or like Jane Austen or are cool at all.

In the interest of cross-promotion and hoping to maybe get some of you to follow my blog, too {don't be scared off by the Jane Austen name! It's not all about books! I also tell funny stories!}, I'm going to do a little linking to my own posts from this, our Great Weaver Migration blog.

For example, today I wrote about my flight into Las Vegas. You should totally read that; just follow the link.

And then come back here and read stories of how three Iowans got along in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment